Shark fins: this expensive dishes are revered in China in decades. Is mostly used in delicate dishes like soups, micro-sharks, it is appreciated because of the slippery flesh and muscle flexibility created for a special soup than without using cornstarch, similar yen, a leading Chinese dishes. Be viewed as additional food and healing, Chinese people believe that sharks do range for continental sausage covering healthy and against old age.
Properly speaking, Shark fins cartilage, is really a soft ductile joint of vi. The fins on the back and have the highest quality and also the most expensive, followed by tail fins and pectoral fins. Basically, the shark was identified by length, the higher quality the longer range and can be extended from a few centimeters to more than 30 cm.
Shark fins are sold in frozen or dried form. The frozen form is usually in the form of cut fibers, so it will be ready to be cooked after soaking an hour. In the dry form, there are two types; No type of leather (shredded) or skin (vi) require more preparation.
Nutritional information: per 100 grams of fresh ingredients.
Kilojoules: 720 (100 calori)
Protein: 23.6 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg
Sodium: 41 mg
Total fat: 0.5 grams
Saturated fat: 22% of the total fat.
Mono unsaturated fat: 19% of total fat
Poly unsaturated fat: 35%
Omega-3, EPA: 15mg
Omega-3 DHA: 271 mg
Omega-6, AA: 29 mg.
How to make the Shark fins:
Soften and prepare the skin not shark behavior:
1. Soak in warm water for about 1 hour, then wash under tap water for about 10 minutes. To drain.
2. For micro-sharks in the pot, the chicken in water or water with fresh onions and ginger. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 6-8 hours. Drain and remove the water.
3. Rinse under cold water to remove the software when the smell.
Shark fins skin:
1. For in boiling water, reduce fire and heat for 3-4 hours. Drain and cool overnight in clean water.
2. Clean the surface, remove the soft bones, skin and rinse in cold water.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until shaggy skin removed.
4. Proceed to soften under the above method for micro-sharks not the skin.
Note: cooked too thoroughly can make fish virus “dissolves” particularly immature fish and short range.
Vi the sharks didn’t taste, but have the ability to highlight and increase the flavor of food cooked with them. It is usually cooked with the meat juices rich in flavor.