Characteristics of tiger prawns Broodstock

Black tiger shrimp are of the gender deformity type, females are bigger than males. When adult shrimp clearly distinguish males, through external genitalia.

Male:

The main sexual organ of the male is located in the inner part of the chest, the outside has the mating organ located in the branch outside the second chest, the male genital opening opens the groin of the fifth breast. belongs to the bag form.

The female:

The ovary is located along the upper dorsal surface, two oviduct is opened at the 3rd leg of the chest.

DISTRIBUTION

The distribution range of black tiger shrimp is quite wide, from Indian Ocean to Japan, Taiwan, East Tahiti, South Australia and West Africa (Racek – 1955, Holthuis and Rosa – 1965, Motoh – 1981, 1985) In general, black tiger shrimp are distributed from longitude 30E to 155E from latitude 35N to 35S around equatorial countries, especially Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam. Shrimp (PL.), Shrimp seed (Juvenile) and near-mature shrimp have behavioral behavior near the coast and coastal mangrove forests. When the holy shrimps move away from the shore because they like to live in deeper waters.

Life cycle of tiger shrimp

Stages of tiger shrimp larvae development:

Nauplli: 6 stages: 36-51 hours, Nauplli swim each short and then break, peel 4 times, each time about 7 hours, live on yolk, do not need to feed

N1: about 0.40mm long, 0.20mm thick

N2: about 0.45mm long, 0.20mm thick

N3: about 0.49mm long, 0.20mm thick

N4: about 0.55mm long, 0.20mm thick

N5: about 0.61mm long, 0.20mm thick

Zoea: 3 stages: 105-120 hours, the Zoea swim continuously near the water surface, peeling twice, about 36 hours each time, eating really hard.

Z1: about 1mm long, 0.45mm thick, with two distinct parts of oil and abdomen.

Z2: about 1.9mm long, face and face appear.

Z3: about 2.7mm long, appearing thorns on the abdomen.

Mysis: 3 stages: 72 hours, the Mysis swim downwards, the tail goes first, the head goes behind.

M1: about 3.4mm long, has the shape of adult shrimp, the appearance of belly, tail and tail fans, the belly spines shrink.

M2: about 4.0mm long.

M3: length about 4.4mm, the abdomen is longer, divided into small burning, appearing on the teeth.

Postlarvae: near mature stage

Juvenile: adult stage.

FEATURES
Black tiger shrimp are omnivorous, preferring live and moving animals more slowly than organic rots or debris, especially eating crustaceans, aquatic plants, organic debris, polychaete worms, type 2 shell pieces, insects. Shrimp living outside the wild eat 85% of crustaceans, small crabs, bivalve molluscs, the remaining 15% are fish, polychaete, aquatic organisms, organic debris, sand and mud. In the wild, tiger shrimp catches more when the tide recedes. Raising tiger prawns in ponds, activities abducted much in the early morning and evening. Shrimp are preyed with, then pushed food into the mouth to chew, digestion time 4-5 hours in the stomach.

MOLTING
During the growth process, when weight and size increase to a certain extent, shrimp must peel off the old crust to grow. Molting often occurs at night. Shedding is coupled with weight gain, there are also cases of molting but not weight gain. When observing shrimp in the tank, molting occurs as follows: The epidermis between the nipple joint and the abdomen cracks, the appendages of the nipples are drawn first, followed by the abdomen and the appendages. Afterwards, pull out the hard shell, with your entire body bend. The soft new shell will harden after 1-2 hours with small shrimp, 1-2 days for big shrimp. After molting, the soft shell is very sensitive to sudden changes in the living environment. In the process of shrimp farming, through this phenomenon, it is possible to adjust the farming environment in time. Hormones limit the breakdown (MIH, molt – inhibiting hormone) secreted by cells in the stalk organ, transmitted along the sinus gland fibers, which accumulate and move into the blood, to test tight molting. External factors such as light, temperature, salinity, this affects molting shrimp.

Leave a Comment